Tiles for wetroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm after a bit of advice regarding the suitability of honed Anatalya limestone for our diy wetroom floor and walls. I realise it will need sealing and occasional resealing but apart from this are there any reasons we should avoid limestone?

Also, are honed limestone mosaic tiles available? I ask as I'm considering using mosaics on the sloping area of the floor rather than cutting large tiles to match the gradient.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
shouldnt be a prob imo its a stone tile after all, the one ur are talking about anatlya are usually white or cream so u will need to use a white adeshive as for maintance cos light coloured yes u will have to maintain o more often, once a year if wetroom imo..lithofin/aquaseal products
as for mosaic for ur fall, dont know if they come in mosaic?

If you live in a hard water area then it's best to fit a softener at teh same time.

I always advise this to customers but some refuse to and the tiles onthe wet room floor look awful.

I have gone off stone, give me a Porcelain any day of the week

We used travertine tiles on our wet room wall, and welsh grey slate (recycled) roof tiles on the floor. The stone tiles look great - just make sure you've got the right coloured grout and adhesive as I've seen people pick up all sorts to go with light coloured tiles - it seeps through the back (as you'll already know)

Only "con" for the tiles on the walls is that they're 'kin heavy :LOL: Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Thanks fellas. I can live with cleaning/sealing once a year although I may well have a look at porcelain just in case it fits the bill. I hadn't considered the softener but seems like to sensible advice, another job on the list!

I will be sure to use white adhesive but I'm sure I'll be asking more specific questions when I get to buying the adhesive and grout.

Thanks for replying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back