Tiles loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 inch square tiles half way up my kitchen walls, but the top two tiles on the external corner in the door reveal are loose, i think they are being held by the metal edge trim.
I cannot remove the tiles in case they break as i have no spare ones left, so is there any way i can fix this,
i was thinking about some sort of glue run down behind the tiles, anyone here help me out please?

Sponsored Links
If they are just ceramic tiles then use silicone and they should stick back on..

But if they are a stone tile ect...don't use silicone,or any form off grab adhesive...

Silicon is too thick, i need something that will run down the back of the tile on the wall, tile only comes out from the wall about 3mm. would grout mixed up watery work?

Pipe a slightly water mix of cement based adhesive down the back then if its only coming loose 3mm....squeeze it out through were grout will be,clean with bits off cardboard,will take longer to set..then re grout...

When I say...Pipe...either buy pipe bags or make one up with the likes off a sandwich bag....ect...

Ps..you don't need to be a baker to use a pipe bag.. ;)

Sponsored Links
granfix will do the job..or just buy the cheap stuff from one off the sheds...its only two tiles.

No...it's a fast setting mortar..

You need to soak the area first,which you can't do...

If the area is not watered/soaked down the mortar will heat up and blow all your tiles off the wall...

Go with an adhesive..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back