tiles on plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom fitter has just fitted tiles to simple Gyproc wallboard. Is this okay? Is there anything I can do to ensure thet the water does not soak through the grout and warp the board? I\\\'m worried!

Sponsored Links
Too late now just hope it does not get through the grout. Would have been better to apply a tanking systen to any wet areas first

Jason

Is it worth me trying to seal the grout with some grout sealer such as this mentioned in other posts on this forum? Are there any disadvantages of using these products?

Sponsored Links
Plasterboard used behind ceramic tiles is OK if it's moisture resistant, like the Gyproc Moisture Resistant board.

Details are on their web site, just search for Gyproc Moisture Resistant plasterboard. It's green on the facing/active side.

you can buy a waterproff glaze to go over tiles the one they use on portafleck mult colourstop anything and is recommend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back