Tiles or Laminate??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to recover the floor in our new home. We have a hallway that leads to the kitchen that leads to the dining room. There are no doors between these areas so thought that covering with the same surface would look good.

The problem i have is which surface to go for. I am doing the job myself which i am quite happy with. I have conflicting reports about laminate flooring in kitchens. I know it is compressed wood therefore all wood swells when wet (also told this by several carpet firms) but also been told that the laminate that is splashproof will be ok.

I like the idea of tiles (by the way the whole area is approx 32m2) but tiling this area is going to be a mammoth task.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Laminate is OK until the washing machine, dishwasher or sink leak.

The hardest thing about tiling 32m is being on your knees alot :)

Thats what i thought about the laminate. Gotta get a really good tile cutter too. Seen so many they all look good but who knows till i try one..

You'll need two cutters: a wet one (tile saw) and a dry one (tile cutter):

th_82726_tile1_122_678lo.jpg

th_82727_tile2_122_1027lo.jpg

Have a look on the b&Q or Screwfix website for a better idea :)[/img]

Sponsored Links
why not go for the lagune range of quick step flooring it comes with a rubber strip to fit with the floor so it is designed to be for areas where water is also get advice for laminate or wood from a wood retailer as they know what is best, carpet shops tend to as the name suggest specialize in carpets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back