tiles outside on patio

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
If you could use cement with a little pva successfully, why would anyone buy floor tile adhesive? :rolleyes:

Because companys in the tiles and adhesive business or makers need to make as much products as possible to keep in business and get more money out of people.there are always ways and hints and tip of things that can be done in diy etc and i am only here asking the questions so i can maybe not give these companys the extra money needed and save my pockets.
I take it nobody has tried what i have asked or have they?
I probably will go out and now buy these bags now of adhesive as it seems the only way to go but a hell of an expensive way to go.

So what is it i am looking for or best for my job as said its for porcelain tiles and outside on my patio and the tiles are about 40cm x 40cm and i have approx 21 spuare meters of area to do,and have a layer of cement already done to lay them on,thats why i thought cement again would do the trick,approx how many kg bags would i need for the job,i suppose the bags tell you how many suare meters they do.

Don't use PVA I won't go into it but It has been covered here in the past, try a search for the post by Mudster.

Jason

Sponsored Links
There's a clue in the name......

.......The rapidset flexible is flexible and should be used where limited movement is expected.

Jason

gcol said:
And just to clarify. The non flexible is used where no movement is expected.

Ok so i know i need the flexible stuff now as its going outside on a roof and maybe a little movement.
Now i need to know the best places to maybe buy this from,as im sure topps maybe overpriced.I looked on there website anc could not see any but then maybe the dont have the range of stuff on site they do in store.
Maybe not?

The stuff they gave me for grouting was bal wide joint grout(grey)water and frost resistant/interior and exterior use and just looking at the bag now it says ceramic wall and floor tile grout,why ceramic its not ceramic tiles i have,im going back to shop tuesday and going to put this question to him maybe he has given me wrong stuff?

The grout will be OK but to make it flexible you need to add GT1 to the water. Or change it for Superflex Wide Joint Grout.

Phone round a few tile suppliers for alternative prices or as your Dad is a builder get him to buy it as he should get trade discount of approx 30% from topps.

Jason

Finally purchased the stuff 4 20kg bags of bal rapidset costing just a few pence under £100 this stuff better be brillant at this price,they are almost as expensive as my tiles as i got my tiles at discontinued price,so end of day overall total price for stuff works out not bad,considering i just purchased these bags if only cement was ok i would have done it far less,nevermind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back