Tiles with clips at front

M

marsaday

I have been up on the roof today to put in a new soil pipe. The flashing with a rubber seal has broken and so needs replacing.

I noticed the tiles are nailed one at the front with a clip coming through the hole. How to i go about removing some of these tiles to get a new flashing in place ?

I will also be adding a vent unit for my shower vent which will be coming through the roof. This is from screwfix. Any idea on how i fix this as well ?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/alpha-slate-vent/45984

ps. sorry slates

Sponsored Links
anyone ? Never dealt with this type of slate before, only worked on my own roof which is std welsh slate.

Get some pliers and bend the rivet straight then lift the bottom of the fibre cement slate up and remove the rivet, then treat as normal slate and use your slate ripper.

Ok, thanks. So these are not actually "Slate" slates.

If i take out about three slates to get my new soil pipe flashing in place, could i just use the front clip to hold them in place or would you still put in a strap or double nail them?

Sponsored Links
No you can not just use the rivet you will need to use a strap on one at least.

you can however use a thin strap to hold the rivet in place the refit the slate and bend the rivet up there by holding the slate in place invisably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back