tiles wont stick to shiny concrete step, what will I use.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive just tiled a washroom floor in my old house, it has a concrete floor and you step down from the kitchen into this lean too room. Ive tiled the floor with BAL dry powedered rapid set that I have mixed in batches as I have went and the floor is great. I havent grouted yet. The concrete step in question has laminate on top and into the kitchen. I have used 3 narrow cut tiles on the front face of the step and then plan to stick on a step nosing to hide the laminate-tile join.

But the concrete step was shiny before I tiled almost looks like its been varnished. I rubbed it up with sand paper but one of the tiles has fallen off, its only been on a couple of days. The adhesive is fully stuck to the tile but the adhesive hasnt bonded with the step.

Will a sticks like **** adhesive do for these couple of tiles? Or do I need to use flapper disc and really scrub up the step?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back