Tiling a shower - Uncertain on enclosure fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate some advice. I did some tiling in our bathroom just under a year ago but left it half-completed. We don't use that bathroom and life got in the way. I'm now coming back to it and am starting to doubt myself!!

The problem is about the shower area. I had the tray fitted before tiling which I think is correct. I then tiled around it, cutting the tiles to make a nice fit and leaving a 1mm gap between the tray and the tiles for silicon. The walls aren't plumb though, so I used a fair amount of adhesive on one wall to level everything out. This might be where I went wrong?

The edge of the tiles come down over the top of the tray about half a centimetre on the one side and about two centimetres on the other side. Is this too much to still fit the enclosure? I've never fitted an enclosure before so am not sure how they work, e.g. if they're adjustable.

I stopped tiling just after the shower, so if anything has to change then it won't ruin too much. But obviously this isn't ideal!! It'd be great if someone could put my mind at rest...... :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back