Tiling all walls in a room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably a silly question but could someone tell me if there is specific way of tiling round all 4 walls in a room. I have done one wall and wondered if you start next on the facing wall or whether you just work round in rotation? My worry about working round in rotation is that despite being diligent with the spirit level you may get some mismatch with the grouting lines when it comes to the join of wall 4 to wall 1. Any tips?

Cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
Work round the room so walls 1 & 4 join by the door then you will only have one or two joints that may be out of line above the door.

Jason

Are you using battens ?? if you are not then start now!! take a grout line off the wall you have already tiled and nail the battens around each wall while levelling at same time so that your next row of tiles on either wall will be all the same level when you get to the end . good luck

Sponsored Links
offtnet
a very good tip for the diyer , as walls are never level /plum

Ive got some battens up. But the tiles themselves are driving me mad, they are marble and I don't think they are all square so with hindsight I think I should have used bigger spacers to allow me some adjustment room!. As an aside I notice that the the tile height measurement from my batten to the skirting varies by 3cm on one wall due to a sloping floor. I am not sure whether to leave it or shift the skirting board up to make it look even. I am getting some guys in to lay Amtico so perhaps they might be able to level the floor a bit. Any advice?

mark_a
dont get hung up on the floor an the spiirt levelled batten around the room if its getting silly , the floor can be levelled up as long as the tiles are BANG ON Level an Straight as a die then the rest falls into place , if the tiles are going out,
get them off ......
an get them spirit levelled up one at a time ,
as once done ..............................
they will do your head in later,
an you will hate yourself leading to your suicide attempt ....
hope this helps you now before then ....lol ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back