Tiling and cooker hood dilemma!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tiled up to the cooker hood and now I'm in a dilemma as to whether or not to take the cooker hood off! You can see pictures of the tiles and the cooker hood here . Here are my concerns against both taking off the hood and tiling around it:

Taking Hood Off
- The tiles are slightly bevelled around the edges so when the hood goes back on there are going to be slight gaps in certain places.

- I'm unsure as to how difficult it is to take off the cooker hood and in turn putting it back on.

Tiling Around The Hood
- You can see from the pictures that there is only a small space between the bottom of the hood and top of the tiles. This means there's only going to be less than a 1cm tile cut that needs to go in here, taking into consideration the grout lines. If not done perfect this could look really bad!

- It will be harder to cut the tiles diagonally.

- If we ever need to replace the hood it will be more difficult than if the hood was tiled underneath.

What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Take the hood off and tile behind it. The tiles will outlast the extractor by far. So when it breaks you can easily fit another hood without worrying about having to cover the gaps in the tiles.
Looking at it, you'll end up with another 6 rows of tiles to take you perfectly up to the top. Lucky. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back