tiling around windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will shortly be tiling around my windows in the bathroom.I have already tiled 2 walls nailing battens to the wall.
How do you tile around a window especially the top without the tiles slipping.Do i nail another batten above the window,use non slip adhesive,use gaffer tape (i read it somewhere) or is there another way.

Sponsored Links
Batten above the window. Then when tiles have set, tile down to the window edge and hold the tiles in place with gaffer tape to the just set tiles.

I know what you are saying.But i would have to be extremely accurate as the present battens are about 3/4 tile above the bath.(the misses wants our border tiles to go precisely into the bottom of the window recess.Which i have managed to do.But i would have to measure precisely up from these battens.I could however tile up to the window from these battens to the ceiling then place the batten in line with these tiles.

You lost me. You tile up the side of the window then when you reach the top, nail the batten in line with the top tiles at either side of the window.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back