holding tiles in place, how? ( top of window 'reveal')

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just about finished re-tiling my bathroom, just the tricky bits to go!

Where the window is set in the wall ( window reveal?) I have tiled the window ledge and sides, but how do I hold the tiles in place on the underside of the lintel, until the adhesive goes off?

How do I stop the tiles on the flat piece of wall above the lintel from slipping as well. Should I use 'gaffer tape' as refered to in gcol's sticky at the start of this forum section?

Sponsored Links
I have used masking tape, I have also had to prop up with a strip of wood.
Both methods were ok, I prefered the masking tape as you could do a visual a bit later on.

I've just about finished re-tiling my bathroom, just the tricky bits to go!

Where the window is set in the wall ( window reveal?) I have tiled the window ledge and sides, but how do I hold the tiles in place on the underside of the lintel, until the adhesive goes off?

How do I stop the tiles on the flat piece of wall above the lintel from slipping as well. Should I use 'gaffer tape' as refered to in gcol's sticky at the start of this forum section?

if you have someone you dont like, they can hold it in place till its set, i have done this in the past! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Gaffer tape and then a wooden prop if the tiles are heavy. I have used a bottle jack in the past with timber struts, makes for easier adjustment.

no not meant personally!

The sticky was talking about tiling beneath a row of fixed tiles, not upsidedown, under a window reveal.

I couldn't see 'what' to stick 'where' with the gaffa tape, as it would all be upside down and likely to drop off!.

I use tape and a prop!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back