Window reveal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

what’s everybody’s opinion on tiling into the window reveal when tiling part way up in a kitchen?

For bigger jobs in the past I have paid tilers, however I have just done a small bit in the kitchen myself. (Not to save money but more to occupy me with the never ending rubbish that’s going on).

anyway I have metro tiles, 4 high. I’m struggling with the window reveal. I have a wooden window ledge which is staying so it’s just the sides. I was using plastic trim and 3 way mitreing. To be fair I think I’ve got decent at that and it a lines up when using a nice square box. I guess as everybody knows nothing in a house is quite square so doesn’t line up properly and looks bad.

i know a pro would mitre the tiles, but that isn’t happening for me. I did use the same plastic trim for round the top of the tiles as well. Personally I don’t like it and would prefer to paint up to the tops of the tiles and do away with the trim.

I realise metro tiles with the edges and cut edges being different depths makes life a bit more tricky

so....

1. would it look bad just tiling up to the edge of the window maybe using some flat trim and not bothering with the reveal (would also mean my blind would fit and don’t need a new one)

2. tile window reveal but use maybe some chrome box trim instead? How would it be finished at the top of it if I left trim off the top?

does option 1 look stupid? Option 2 isn’t great due to how far the wall is out by the window ledge as well.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
It depends on the look you are going for.

Metro tile and trim never a match made in heaven.

You could carry the tile around on the reveal but not on the cill? Then have a prominent cill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back