Tiling bathroom advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently redoing our bathroom and having completed the flooring I am now in a position to start tiling- the intention being half height splashback (to where the height of the blue paint on membrane is) all around the room.

The tiles I'm using are as per the photo, so 125mm square. I am inclined to say I want to start with a whole tile at flooring level, and then this will result in a partial tile around the top of the bath. But...ideally on the back wall I want a centre line and to end up with even tile widths in the corners of the room if that makes sense.

Any suggestions on how to approach tiling and where you'd set off from? I can only think to start going up the wall to the left or right in the photo, from the floor to top of bath level as my starting point, but then not sure how I achieve getting the tiles even on the back wall.

Thanks

Attachments

• 4862491D-2295-45FD-9D8A-59D098C99F08.jpeg
    4862491D-2295-45FD-9D8A-59D098C99F08.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
I’d go for a full tile around the bath .... depending on the size of the cut at the floor.
Do tell us you’ve not tiled directly on the floorboards?

I’d go for a full tile around the bath .... depending on the size of the cut at the floor.
Do tell us you’ve not tiled directly on the floorboards?
Ok thanks. And no… it’s karndean with the decorative trim- and I’ve laid ply, screwed down and skim coated first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back