Tiling bathroom, where to start.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to be tiling the bathroom walls and floor, do i remove the skirting and leave it off, if so would i tile the floor first and then butt the wall tiles upto them or vice versa.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I always tile the floor first and then the walls (with skirting removed) down onto the flooring, with a 2mm gap.

I prefer to leave the floor till last, so as not to drop stuff on it while tiling the walls.
Although in some circumstances i've had to do it the other way round and protect the floor as required. :)

Sponsored Links
What is the normal way to tile a bath room. With skirting or tile to the floor ?

Don't put any more tiles on than you have to - it's soooooo '80s.

What is the normal way to tile a bath room. With skirting or tile to the floor ?
If you want to retain the skirting and sit tiles on top, you have thick skirting. If not, the tiles will sit proud of the skirting and it'll look pap. Alternatively, you can stick the skirting to the tiles, but to my mind, if you've got to go to that trouble, I'd just do away with the skirting and run the tiles to the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back