Tiling Before Structural Works?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having a new window and door put in, both require new lintels and thus propping up etc. The room above is the bathroom and I'm keen to get it done ASAP so I can move in.

I'm using a flexible adhesive and tiling onto aquapanel and moisture resistant PB - am I alright to start the bulk of the tiling whilst I wait for the builders to arrive? I assume that the stud walls, substrates and adhesives will be able to cope with the slight shifts in the building as it's propped up and then left to rest?

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
I'm using a flexible adhesive and tiling onto aquapanel and moisture resistant PB - am I alright to start the bulk of the tiling whilst I wait for the builders to arrive?
You may get away with it but it’s not worth the risk, I wouldn’t recommend it.
I assume that the stud walls, substrates and adhesives will be able to cope with the slight shifts in the building as it's propped up and then left to rest?
You would be very foolish to assume so. Flex tolerance on all but expensive latex based adhesives is very, very limited & even they wont cope with “slight shifts”, whatever that may entail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back