Tiling difficulties

D

DeletedUser

Hi,

The fives tiles in my photograph came loose from the wall recently. I am just looking to find out what the simplest way of getting these tiles back on the wall.

The tiles (as you can see in the photos) still have alot of tile adhesive on the back of them. Will this be a problem? If so, what the best way to deal with this problem?

Also, what is the best adhesive on the market for these type of wall tiles at the moment? And, what tools will I need to complete this job?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Scrape off the adhesive an old wood chisel might be best, soaking them adhesive side down in a tray for half a hour first might help.

Wipe any loose dust off the wall with a damp rag.

My guess is instead of buttering the wall each tile was buttered (which is OK for a small number,) but the adhesive was left too long before hanging so the surface had skinned over and did not stick to the wall properly.

Just buy a small tub of "tile and grout" and follow the instructions on the tub ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back