Tiling Doorway (Wall)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've nearly finished tiling my bathroom with large format 60 x 30 porcelain tiles. Its taken me a while but i'm finally getting there thanks to the help i've received on this website.

I've another fairly simple one for you BUT i'm struggling as I'm not sure what the best practice is.

My door frame is in the corner of my bathroom and i've built it with a timber stud partition. The aquapanel lies flat into the frame so that their is no wooden edge\lip on the bathroom side. If I tile, the tiles will obviously finish, (with a cut edge) above the door level.

Whats the best way to finish off. Would you use some kind of Chrome beading (i've used this in other parts of bathroom) to end the tiles although i think this maybe a bit OTT. Or maybe some additional wooden section to attach to the frame? Or maybe another method?

cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back