tiling nvq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Working on a job at the moment and there is another tiler on site,he has been tiling for thirty eight years.He came into work today with a card from his local supplier,something about a tiling nvq assessor.
The person in the tiling shop told him that in the near future all tilers will have to have an nvq (not sure what level)
Can anyone elaborate on this issue for me please,is it just another money making scheme implemented by a money grabbing government??
All my work comes through referal as does the other tiler on site,so the quaility of work has too be a good standard (or work would soon dry up).Have been having a look round on the web,plenty of courses offering nvqs but can't find anything telling me that I MUST have one to trade. :confused:
How many of you guys have a tiling nvq??

Sponsored Links
i have heard this too, someone mentioned it late last year but heard nothing since, apparantly anyone can buy a wetsaw and jsjt start tiling now, no experience or sense needed!

Come on,one of you tilers posting on this site must have an nvq :LOL: in tiling ;)

Sponsored Links
I have been tiling for 22 years now and have no formal qualifications. I work with some very skilled people who also have no qualifications. 'Reg' who taught me has been tiling for 43 years! Cant tell that man a thing about tiling and he also has no qualifications. Time served means everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back