Tiling on bathroom floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to lay a tile floor in a bathroom. I know that i need to lay a second floor on top of 15mm WPB Ply before i tile. But i have heard about a product called Dettra Matting (spelling may be wrong, sorry), which should give the same effect as the ply but with less height difference. Does anybody have any advice about this product or would the advice be to stick to Ply.

P.S. I know it cost more but supposedly is easier to cut and the hieght difference may stop the need for altering door heights ETC

:cool:

Sponsored Links
You can tile on top of floorbords. Just screw them well down and use a flexible adhesive.

joe

joe-90
You can tile on top of floorbords. Just screw them well down and use a flexible adhesive.

Anyone heard of anyone doing this without problems later?.

I do intend to lay Plyboard as this is the best policy. i was just wondering if anyone has used Dettra matting as it sounds easier to cut and transport and gives slightly less height. :p

Sponsored Links
When I do this for clients, I always rip out the old flooring & replaced with plywood to prevent height problem and give you a chance to check the wood condition under the floorboards including pipe/cable etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back