tiling on chipboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new house built and want to tile the floor in the kitchen. I read that you are not to tile directly onto chipboard, please excuse my ignorance but does that apply to all chipboard floor as mine is brand new 22mm :confused: and certainly flat. If I have to overboard with ply what is the thinnest I can use.

Sponsored Links
I am planning to re tile bathroom floor ( after finishing the new bathroomm suite and wall tiles ) I have just hacked off all the floor tiles which were layed by a "tiler" and they were just layed on the chipboard so are you saying ive got to cover before laying tiles :?: if so oh dear :eek: there is only a small gap under the bath panel to fit a tile so it will end up being too high :!: maybe i should raise the bath :eek: and what about the entrance to the bathroom from the landing if its covered and then tiles wont that look too high :?: family will keep on stubbing their toes on it :!: Thanks P M

BTW its a mission trying to get the old tile adesive off seems good stuff its brown coloured so any idea what sort he used :?:

Sponsored Links
if so oh dear there is only a small gap under the bath panel to fit a tile so it will end up being too high
Tile up to the panel,should be fine provided its sealed correctly.

maybe i should raise the bath
Unless you have sealed it to the wall with silicon or grip fill it may be possible.

and what about the entrance to the bathroom from the landing if its covered and then tiles wont that look too high family will keep on stubbing their toes on it
You can buy threshold strips with a curved edge that allow for a change in height from room to room,about £8-£10

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back