tiling on chipboard

I bought my sheets (10 in total) for £7.48 inc from tilersmerchants.co.uk (
http://www.tilersmerchants.co.uk/Tile-Backing-Products-No-More-Ply/ )

Early days yet but feels sturdy - seems solid/secure enough, no perceptible bounce/movement etc, expensive granted but floor height would have been much higher otherwise, so there was no alternative for me.

A tenner a sheet is top end, pays to shop around of course - as always.

Sponsored Links
Glad you are sorted, it's a good product as long as it's fitted correctly.

£10 or £12 a sheet is a 3 year old price though - that post was made in 2007.
Between £8 and £10 a sheet is the going rate at most local tile shops now and bear in mind that's a price based on a free local delivery or customer collecting then £8 - £10 a sheet price is cheap. Online sites charge at least £10 or £15 delivery cost on top unless you buy a large amount. Not apparent until you click "go to checkout" Bear in mind a lot of this product is purchased to do a bathroom floor - so normally 5 or 6 sheets at a time. The minimum £10 delivery charge the internet companies charge equates to £2 a sheet on top if you have £5 sheets.

I think generally people need to buy from there local shops and keep there local economy going. There are some excellent tile shops in Nottinghamshire. Personal service and advice also come with a face to face visit to your local tile store - plus if you have any left over you can take it back. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back