Tiling on to Superlux walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Please help,I have a prefabricated chalet in Spain which has a wood burner in the corner the external and internal walls are Superlux or the Spanish equivalant, the burner so far has split the sheets forming the corner,and after repairing the walls I would like to tile in the corner thinking that this will deflect the heat,my problem is what adhesive would I use to stick the heat resistent tiles on with?? and would I have to prep the Superlux with any type of webbing before.

Many thanks Trickydicky

Sponsored Links
Difficult to advise as there are too many unknowns at the moment & I’m really not sure of what you have. You say the chalet is prefabricated, can you explain a little more. What’s it prefabricated from; timber, concrete? Supalux (Superlux?) is a calcium silica heat proof lining board, is that what you mean? If so, is it fitted over stud work? Are the external walls the same construction as the internal walls? How have the damaged boards split? How do you propose to repair them & what with? Does the wood burner have an exposed steel/ceramic flue pipe or is it encased inside a chimney?

What sort of heat resistant tiles are you using, ordinary ceramic/porcelain/stone tiles won’t reflect heat to any degree & it will still be absorbed into the fabric of the wall so it’s important the repair & any new materials you use can withstand the heat. If the tile base is boards then you will need a flexible adhesive but most conventional flexies are only suitable up to 100 degrees C so if regularly expose to more, it will fail; do you know what sort of temperature do you get in the walls?

Some photo’s might help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back