Tiling onto liquid screed floor using Anhyfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the opportunity to test Anhyfix tile adhesive because I damaged a tile. The floor was tiled by myself, an amateur about 6 months ago but was never grouted as other parts of my build took precedent. The underfloor heating has been in use through winter with a maximum floor temperature of 30 degrees centigrade.
I damage the edge of one of the tiles as the house has been a building site but now that attention has turned to the front room floor, I had to remove the damaged tile before finishing the floor off.
I was quite surprised how well stuck down the tiles are especially as I could not find anybody locally to tile onto a calcium screed floor. I was told by anybody I asked that you can't get tiles to stick to it and should go for a laminate floor instead. As the video shows, even though this tile probably had less coverage than it should (I back buttered all the tiles on the rest of the floors to try and get close to 100% coverage), it didn't let go easily...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back