Tiling over (drilled through) copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought there couldn't be an easier job than to fit a shower riser on the bathroom wall, yet my builder managed to drill into a copper pipe hidden in the wall. He fixed the pipe using a connector, but then the problem is that the connector is sticking out a bit (see pic). He suggested two options, one is to dig a bit deeper into the wall and to bend the pipe a bit to tile over it, the other is to add tiles over the existing tiles adjacent to the area, so all the tiles can end up on the same level. The second option sounds a bit crazy to me as I don't like the idea of tiling over tiles. But then is it a good idea to bend copper pipes instead? Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is that an electrical cable running in the chase as well?
I think you are right! There is indeed another cable running next to the pipe. Not sure what it is though, please see pic below. Is it going to pose a problem?

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 148
What's his plan with the grout considering the middle grout line is in thin air by the look of it?.

The whole thing just looks like a disaster unfortunately.

What's his plan with the grout considering the middle grout line is in thin air by the look of it?.

The whole thing just looks like a disaster unfortunately.
No idea yet. Will wait for his boss to come in tomorrow and have a look...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back