Tiling over Glass Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to cover kitchen wall tiles, with lining paper, they are Wickes Glass coloured tile on a sheet (Mosaic). Googled same question it came out with strong adhesive. So what strong adhesive does anybody reccommend.

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to paper over tiles?
You would need to prep the tiles first this would mean sanding them down for good adhesion, then filling out all the grout lines. So you can get a level surface.

What are you hoping it will look like :confused: ? Lining paper will never hide the tile profile or grout lines so you will still see them & it will look worse than it does now but with paper over it; totally naff!

I want to cover kitchen wall tiles, with lining paper, they are Wickes Glass coloured tile on a sheet (Mosaic). Googled same question it came out with strong adhesive. So what strong adhesive does anybody reccommend.
Heavy duty wallpaper adhesive.
But it will look UGLY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Basicly the mosaic tiles are covering ceramic tiles which the wife hates. Now doesnt like the wickes mosaic glass tiles. So to keep from taking all the tiles off wondered if heavy duty lining paper would cover tiles, sufficient to wallpaper then have a row of tiles as a splashback.

TBH
I would take the tiles off, then repair any damage to walls and decorate as "She who must be obeyed", orders!
But I would not paper over tiles and I would not paper in a kitchen.
Lots of condensation, steam, moist air=peeling paper.

Basicly the mosaic tiles are covering ceramic tiles which the wife hates. Now doesnt like the wickes mosaic glass tiles. So to keep from taking all the tiles off wondered if heavy duty lining paper would cover tiles, sufficient to wallpaper then have a row of tiles as a splashback.
One very good reason why you should never tile over tile, it's 3 x as much effort to get them off when you need to. Even if you can get the lining paper to stick with confidence, you can't tile over it if that's what your proposing.

Perhaps you can put some splashback sheet material over the tiles - plastic, metal, glass, whatever else they make them from. Lining paper would look ridiculous imho.

one thought would be paint them with a nice green emulsion and then wallpaper with flowery wallpaper and then maybe gloss the lot with a eggshell blue.

seems no less riduculous to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back