Tiling Quote Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Hope someone can help.

I have just gone to price up a floor tiling job for a post office and newsagents.

The guy wants new tiles layed over the old ones. They are in good condition. So i can use it as i good base.

I just dont know what to quote. Its 130 sq. mtrs. It will involve night work as he wants it done out of hours and only done in sections so the shop can still be used. what kind of price do people charge for this kind of job. it is a big job.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
? If you are asking how to quote for a BIG job are you the right person for the job?

i am the right person for the job

Its just its my first commercial job. So just wanted some advice and help. Fitting is no problem. Just wanted to know if pricing is different for these kind of jobs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.

Most tilers are charging about £25 sq meter. So i am going with that but drop a little due to the size.

Tony

If I was to price up for this the two main things that I would take into consideration are 1. its going to be night work and 2 its going to be backward and forward doing bits at a time. Inconvenient to you and you have more cleanup and make ready time, as I'm sure the shop keeper won't want a lot of mess about during opening hours.

I would take your normal day rate and multiply by 1.75 for the nights. w/e at 2x w/e nights at 2.5x.

If he wants the job done, he will pay. I'm sure other tilers would do exactly the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back