Tiling Shower Cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a question regarding tiling the inside of a shower cubicle when i get to the internal corner.
Do i butt a tile against the wall, cut the adjoining (right angle) tile about 2mm short and then use sealant?
Bit confused about this one
Lee

Sponsored Links
basically yes. it doesnt need to be dead tight to the wall, as long as the other tile covers it.

usually a shower would be tanked or otherwise waterproofed, so tiles are only secondary water resistance

Run a bead of matching silicone down the corner of adjacent walls rather than use grout which will crack if you get any differential movement.

The necessity for tanking will depend on the tile base. If it’s plasterboard of any sort then definitely if you want it to last any length of time but if its waterproof tile backer board then a quality trade waterproof flexible cement & grout is usually sufficient.

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Its tanked already.

Got another problem now though and this is a really good one. At the moment i have the hot/cold pipes sticking out which the shower (Mira) attaches to.

One these there is a cover that goes over them which goes on before the shower unit itself which hides these pipes. The issue i have is that these are about 5mm too short.

Can you get longer ones?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back