tiling supplies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought tiles from tile giant and they supplied by default the following adhesives:

Mapestick (ready mixed in 15kg tubs) (I assume for the walls)
Mapegrip D2 w/proof (ready mixed 15kg tub) (I assume for the walls around the bath/shower)
Keraquick grey (powder, 20kg) (for the floor I assume).

Are these adhesives any good?

The grouts they supplied are Keracolour in 5kg bags.

The wall tiles are 25x40, what size grout line would normally be used?

Sponsored Links
Used the Mapei Keraquick Grey Flexible Rapid Set Adhesive, will do for floors and walls. Not had any problems with it.
Keracolour, just done a job with this product, mixed well, went on well. looks good. Time will tell over longevity of quality of product on floors and walls.

With regards to spacing.
I assume it's a floor.
For timber floors, I personally would be preffer a wider joint. Timber moves a lot and you are asking a lot of your flexible grout and you could end up with tiles cracking, 5mm would be what I would use in that situation.
For concrete/screeded floors there is less movement and 3mm spaces will be okay and are more aesthetically pleasing.

PS. Not used other two products

What type off tiles are you fixing?...wall and floor...

Your wall tile sizes.....I wouldn't use a tubed mix for that size...bagged flexy for walls and floors imo

Spacers for wall 2mm...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back