Tiling under kitchen units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a kitchen and will tile the floor afterwards before putting the plinths on.

I can see a problem approaching and wonder what others have done in the past.

The end panels on the kitchen come out further than the plinths and go down to the floor. So how do you tile around or under it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Are you only tiling only up to the plinth?
If yes then you may have problems installing / removing appliances.
I tiles wall to wall for the floor, but on the walls only to just below the worktop

You will have problems with appliances & the cabinett back feet will be on the floor & the front on the tiles. Tile all the floor, it will pay in the long run, when you remodel the kitchen

Sponsored Links
You will have problems with appliances & the cabinett back feet will be on the floor & the front on the tiles. Tile all the floor, it will pay in the long run, when you remodel the kitchen
No need to fully tile; just stick tiles on the floor where the feet are & allowing you to pull the appliances out; you don’t even have to use the same tiles if they are expensive ;)

Why would you want to change the layout :?: you'd then have big problem with the cabinets anyway.

This would be my advice also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back