Tiling uneven wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to this site but any assistance anyone could give with the following problem would be much appreciated.

I have recently removed 1930's tiles in my bathroom which came up to about four feet high all round the room.

I now want to re-tile up to ceiling height but have the following problem;

Underneath the old tiles is a rough unskimmed plaster/concrete stuff, and above (the old tiles) wall has been plastered so the top half of all the wall is about 1-2mm proud of the bottom half.

Also several chunks of concrete/plaster (im not sure what it is to be honest!) have come away revealing the brickwork underneath.

Am happy to fill the missing chunks (pollyfilla?) but how do I get the wall even - should I just get a plasterer in and have him skim the bottom half of the walls?

Sponsored Links
if the holes are deep dont use polyfilla use bonding or something along those lines
as for the 1-2mm difference just use more tile adhesive to bed them on with

Thanks for that Muckylugs, i'll get stuck in this weekend.

Sponsored Links
if you are not sure how to bond,just use the broken tiles,turn them round and fix them with the tile adhesive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back