Tilting a blowtorch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to solder joints in situ in a channel, chased out of a concrete floor. I need to tilt the torch over to solder with but as i tilt it over it goes out. Any other way i can get the job done?

Sponsored Links
something wrong with your torch :confused: they shouldn`t do that - in fact are more likely to flare

How long has the torch been lit for?

I know my (DIY) torch recommends that you leave it lit for at least a minute before use, and I have found that doing so it will work fine at almost any angle, whereas skipping the 'warm-up' stage can cause it to flare or die out, or any number of strange popping noises and effects!

Sponsored Links
When I need to tilt my cheap 'n' cheerful blowtorch to odd angles, it is less inclined to flare with a half full gas cylinder. I swap the cylinder before it runs out, and keep the half full one for such jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back