Timber cladding insect mesh fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an extension built a while ago now, and just discovered that about a 2 metre section of wall is missing its stainless steel mesh. I have bought a small roll, cut off the required length and put the required creases for it to go into the bottom of the cladding cavity.

The problem is that I cannot see an easy way to fix it in place. The other bits would have been nailed/stapled to the wall before cladding was nailed on and then just folded up in place, but it is almost impossible to get in there without taking the bottom cladding off the wall, I really do not want to do that. It is Larch cladding, pre-painted all over and might split if I try to pull it off.

any ideas for an alternative fitting method

Sponsored Links
Depending on the detail it may be possible to just friction fit a strip of mesh in the gap.

IMG20210321225640.jpg

In the end I used a pull saw to make a gap between tyvek and battens, then I could push it up flush with the bottom of the battens and nailed it in to the battens also. I had a look and not enough depth for a curve that way round!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back