Time for a CD player

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've decided it's time to replace the factory fitted cassette radio in my 1.3 2001 fiesta with a nice shiny new CD player, and at the moment the Blaupunkt Seville mp38 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blaupunkt-sevilla-mp38-p-6456.html is my favourite.

Could someone please advise as to how easy this would be and what I would need? Halfords have informed me that I'd need a fascia adapter (as the original radio is double DIN) and a wiring harness adapter, although I don't know how essential this last one is. What do I need to connect it up? I can't see it being too hard just want to make sure I have everything before i start cheers

Sponsored Links
Halfrauds were right really unless you can be bothered to chop the cables up yourself, would be able to get them both off ebay though for much less though.

You'll also get them cheaper than Halfords and with better advice from your local car audio place.

if you go back on to the same website as your blaupunkt radio look under fitting adaptors, ford there you go facia £9.95 plug £9.95

Sponsored Links
if yo dont know what you are doing, get the adaptor, then its just a matter of plugging it in, it also means you can change it back when you sell the car if you wish.

I've just bought the JVC KD-G441 and went to fit it this morning. Having removed the ford radio, I connected the new one up with the ISO harness adapter lead but when I went to plug the arial in it doesn't fit. I find this a bit unusual that all the car audio websites haven't tried to flog me an arial adapter. Can someone please advise which one I need to connect it up? Preferably from halfords but maybe from somewhere like caraudiodirect. Thanks

Three components as stated above -

Fasia adaptor (required unless you're trying to squeeze a double din into your 1.8 din ;)

Wiring Harness (always required as it adapts the Ford harness to ISO

Aerial adaptor (not required if you buy a Sony Headunit)

Sponsored Links
Back