Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,

Another question and advice seeked :rolleyes:

This is the current switch!
PC110011.jpg

and this is the new one!!
is this ok to use??
If so, how? do i need to earth the dimmer switch to the earth terminal in the wall box as well as the existing earth in the first picture?
PC110014.jpg

thanks in advance !!!!

Sponsored Links
You do not need to earth the back box, you do need to earth the switch plate. You can just move the earth wire and reconnect it to the switch plate.
or
take a short piece of earth wire and connect from switchpalte earth to back box earth.

PS You should mark the black wire with a piece of red sleeving or tape to show that its a live wire and not a neutral.

EDIT. You may need a deeper box. You'll ahve real problems to get the dimmer and the wires in that 16mm deep box. Dont think you'll do it by screwing down tight - you'll crush the cables and cause a short.
Also you will need to remove the top and bottom screw lugs, they will get in the way.

Jaysus that was quick, Nice one!!

with regards to the red and black, what one for L1 and L2??

cheers

Sponsored Links
As one who is training to be an electrician, I under went a colour blindness test, luckily the result was negative.

That room though, it looks very un-green to me :)

Read the instructions for your GET flat-plate dimmer. You may find you need a 35mm box.

Yeah, nice and pink.

Will check out the box, if a deeper box is needed i presume that means hacking away at the wall.

Oh the joys!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back