Time is running out for your mobile fone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You may already have heard about this, but early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the numbers. It’s easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex directory. You may want to suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls. Removal is recommended by the BBC

Sponsored Links
Are you are referring to the directory run by www.118800.co.uk ?

If so you can unsubsribe any time by following the link on their page or by sending a text with the letter E to 118800

I am on virgin Pay As You Go and have never registered so they won't have my number. :LOL:

Not "all Mobile Phones" - only those (admittedly the vast, vast majority) where the number has already been supplied to pre-existing databases eg via a contractual or marketing link or agreement.

The lucky few like me who use PAYG for highly restricted personal/private use won't be on it - but I shall check nevertheless

Sponsored Links
I have been told that it is a scam so that they can get your number

That has been suggested on a forum I've just been looking at.
However nobody will be able to do anything about it for the moment, as their site is down.

and i doubt it will be back online before the deadline as its been out of use for days now convieniently

I wonder if we'll be able to sue them if we recieve any cold calls as we havnt been able to use their service to go ex directory?

I have been told that it is a scam so that they can get your number

That has been suggested on a forum I've just been looking at.
What's the name of the site you are referring to?

However nobody will be able to do anything about it for the moment, as their site is down.
Here's what 118 800 is telling us...
Service suspended whilst we make improvements.

The 118 800 service for mobile phone connections is currently unavailable - from this website and by phone - whilst we undertake major developments to our 'Beta Service' to improve the experience for our customers. We'll be back as soon as possible with the new improved service.

All ex-directory requests made by people in our directory to date are being processed. There will be no need to resend these requests. And we will take further ex-directory requests when the service resumes. We will not be taking ex-directory requests by phone or text whilst the service is not operational.

Please do not call us on 118 800 for anything other than landline directory enquiry requests as you will be charged for the call.

For other enquiries email us at [email protected] or write to us at 118 800, PO Box 2747, Reading RG30 4ZQ

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Smells like BS to me! They've probably shut it down as they've had such a massive amount of people demanding to go ex-directory that they cannot cope trying to remove them all from the directory.

Blasphemous.

For he has risen and shall live amongst us.

Welcome back Blas, where the hell have you been lately?

Blasphemous.

For he has risen and shall live amongst us.

Welcome back Blas, where the hell have you been lately?
Hello conny! :D Been duckin and divin mate. :D Actually more flamin Hospital appointments but I have been nippin in and out of here. Back to hospital in the morning! If I could get a Loyalty card I'd be owed a MRI Scanner by now!!! :LOL:

Hopefully a good outcome tomorrow then just need to make sure I don't get that Swine Flu! :D

Thanks for asking after me matey, it really does make a difference.

the unpopularity of this "service" seems to continue to escape their management who gave all the signs of anticipating making loads of dosh when interviewed by various News progs over the past few weeks.

More fool they - I anticipate their demise within 3 months or so.

I'm afraid the whole concept of "opt out" as opposed to"opt in" is as sinister and undesirable as inertia selling.

Yep, I think you're right HOGGY. Hopefully won't take as long a 3 months though! :D

Welcome back Blas didnt realise you'd been in hospital, nothing serious one hopes?

Sponsored Links
Back