Time off to recover

J

Johnmelad502

The Government are going to increase the amount of time you can self certificate yourself from seven to fourteen days (when appropriate) to deal with the pandemic.

Of interest, will you work in private homes if the occupant or one of them has or is suspected of having Swine Flue?

Sponsored Links
Regardless of whatever the illness I would keep away, I have already deferred jobs as the occupants of properties have the flu bug (or are suspected of having it)

will you work in private homes if the occupant or one of them has or is suspected of having Swine Flue?

not a chance.............got to think of your own family as well.

i appreciate we are probably eventually going to encounter someone with the virus but i wouldnt knowingly put myself at risk.

should paint a red cross on their doors plague :LOL:

yep cant be too careful will try hard to not pull a pig tonight.

Sponsored Links
Smoking kills over 100,000 each and EVERY year - why not panic about that one?

Because you can't catch cancer from someone who has it. Unlike swine flue. Do try and stay on topic.

I heard that you now be able to "self diagnose" your swine flu over the Net. Using a website to get your precious Tamiflu meds.
How many young "business men" will say they have the flu then sell their tablets down the road to all the worried mothers??

Because you can't catch cancer from someone who has it. Unlike swine flue. Do try and stay on topic.

One is deadly - the other a bit of a cold. Stupid people being panicked over nothing. How many smokers are panicking about dying of swine flu (1 in 200 chance) and carry on smoking (1 in 2 chance). Why are people so thick?

There is something behind all this whipping up of emotion in a relatively mild threat to the population. Just like terrorism, its a threat to some unfortunate people but not to the huge mass of people in the UK.

Like Joe said cancer is cutting people down in devastating way. Even alcohol related illness destroys people in droves (just slowly). People make a song and dance about plane crashes but much more people die in car crashes each year??

If you pretend to have pig flu, and report yourself to the control centre, they will record your identity and send you some treatment.

If you try it again, you won't get it

If, the second time , you actually have the disease, you may wish you hadn't pulled a fast one.

I had a headache and sore throat last week, and called the swine flu hotline, but all I got was crackling on the phone :rolleyes:

How many smokers are panicking about dying of swine flu (1 in 200 chance) and carry on smoking (1 in 2 chance). Why are people so thick?

The topic is about swine flu, if you want to prattle on about cancer start a thread on it.

Parents worrying (not panicking) does not as you say make them idiots.

At my age I am told that if I get the SF I will weather it better than the younger generation. So while I am not particularly worried about getting SF (not a lot an individual can do to prevent it) I am worried about being off work with no income, for a couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
Back