Would you believe a word this man says?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7911526.stm

Controversial plans to sell off 30% of Royal Mail are the only way to ensure post continues to be delivered to every home in the UK, Lord Mandelson says.

Would you believe a word this man says?

About the man:
First resignation
In December 1998 it was revealed that Mandelson had bought a home in Notting Hill in 1996 with the assistance of an interest-free loan of £373,000 from Geoffrey Robinson, a millionaire Labour MP who was also in the Government but was subject to an inquiry into his business dealings by Mandelson's department. Although Mandelson alleged he had deliberately not taken part in any decisions relating to Robinson, he knew he should have declared the loan as an interest, and he resigned on 23 December 1998. Mandelson had also not declared the loan to his building society (the Brittania) although they decided not to take any action, with the CEO stating "I am satisfied that the information given to us at the time of the mortgage application was accurate."

Second resignation
In January 2001, it was revealed that Mandelson had phoned Home Office minister Mike O’Brien on behalf of Srichand Hinduja, an Indian businessman who was seeking British citizenship, and whose family firm was to become the main sponsor of the "Faith Zone" in the Millennium Dome. At the time, Hinduja and his brothers were under investigation by the Indian government for alleged involvement in the Bofors scandal. On 24 January 2001, Mandelson resigned from the Government for a second time, insisting he had done nothing wrong.

The government is refusing to name the private firms who have expressed an interest in taking a share in the Royal Mail's letters business

I wonder if that is because ‘someone’ may have financial interests in these companies but does not want to declare them.

Or is it just me being a suspicious old git?

Sponsored Links
How do you know when Mandy is lying?

When he opens his mouth to speak.

Slimey turd that he is...yak.

I might be nieve in my thinking here but if they[b*] bail one public company out you bail them all out.

They aren't doing anything. We are.
Who the f**k do they think they are - this is our money and public owned companies are ours.

I am disgusted by this bunch of t**ds who seem happy to play around with our money and ignore the wishes of the people. :mad:

Good afternoon, by the way :LOL:

Sponsored Links
They are all the same when they get into power.

Remember Thatcher getting us all to buy shares in all the utility companies so that we each owned a littke bit of them.
They were Nationalised Companies so we owned the bl00dy lot. They were OURS and she got Joe (sucker) Public to buy what was already OURS.

Even DelBoy couldn't have thought that one up.

dave

As Jeremy Clarkson said "One Eyed Scottish Idiot"

Mandy is neither one eyed or Scottish, he is merely trying to correct a few flaws in the system which nobody else had the balls to take on.
We need a few more like him to get this country out of the mess that it is currently in.

Mandy is neither one eyed or Scottish,
Nice to see you keep abreast of the news. Clarkson was talking about Gordon Brown - remember him? That's right, the "democratically elected" prime minister who we pay a salary of £190K+ from our taxes.

We need a few more like him to get this country out of the mess that it is currently in.

I think we need a few less - about 646 of them to start with!

Mandy is neither one eyed or Scottish,
Nice to see you keep abreast of the news. Clarkson was talking about Gordon Brown - remember him? That's right, the "democratically elected" prime minister who we pay a salary of £190K+ from our taxes.

Err, Why do you think I mentioned it! yes I was aware that the quote refered to GB. :rolleyes:

I think we need a few less - about 646 of them to start with!

If you think you can do better then start canvassing now, the betting is that there will be a general election within the next 12 months.

If you think you can do better then start canvassing now, the betting is that there will be a general election within the next 12 months.

Bold you may be (in text anyway), but I'm for anarchy.

Bold you may be (in text anyway), but I'm for anarchy

Didnt mean to shout, why were are almost soul mates, Im for the monarchy . ;) ;)

We're only a dyslexic's dream apart :LOL: :LOL:

In fairness, at least Mandy does stand up for what he believes in, misguided though it may be.

Sponsored Links
Back