Timed shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gas and water usage in my home has got out of control and I think will lead to a divorce court and my kids being sold! Seriously though, I need to kerb their shower times as its ridiculous. Is there some sort of timed shower control/head, whatever, that I can have installed. I was thinking like the one in the gym where you have to push a button every 15 seconds but not sure that would work with my combi boiler. Any advice PLEASE. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Intatec Timed Control Valve could work but would have to be blended before the new valve.

Best to take the lock off the door so they have to be quick so as not to be disturbed.

My sister cannot get her 15 yr old son into the shower!

A 15 second timer would indeed upset your combi. Can you get to the supply pipes to the shower? If you can, a timed solenoid on the hot supply would do it - push a button and it allows 5 minutes of hot water through before shutting off and turning the shower icy cold. It could be set so that it can't be reset for 3 minutes, by which time you'd be getting cold from being naked and wet, and would want to dry off and get dressed

Thanks for the advice, will look into that. Leakydave's idea is good re bathroom door but I wont get away with that im afraid! My wife has 2x45 min showers every day. Does the dishes with no plug in sink. Clean hot water going straight down the drain. Lights on everywhere and tv flickering away with no one in front of it. Problem is I never see the bills as she pays them. Today I opened the gas and lecky bill. For the 1st Nov to 26th Nov, gas only, £97.45. Electric £106.37. Serious chat tonight me thinks.

Sponsored Links
Tilerman turn off the power to the combi when they've been in there too long. That will soon get the kids out of the shower. Plus it will get them into the habit of showering quicker. Not sure if the missus would appreciate it though

Just install an eco shower head or a flow limiter to the existing one. Same for taps... Aerators and flow limiters. At least if you can't change the bad habits of time you can reduce dramatically the amount of water being consumed per minute!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back