Timeguard switch + LED Bulb Current Leakage Bulb Glows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a Timeguard security switch which works OK with conventional bulbs but have fitted an 8w LED (60w equivalent) bulb and despite fitting a capacitor/snubber to values 0.047uF micro Farads 250 volts AC Resistor 100 ohms, the bulb still glows dimly when switched off but not as bright as without the capacitor/snubber (saw this on another forum but not sure if it's good etiquette to add another question to existing thread!). Question is should I try a capacitor/snubber with higher value and if so what should it be or is it OK to just accept it glows a bit all the time?

Sponsored Links
What's the model number?

If its a ZV210 then thje instructions state

Not designed for use with fluorescent lighting and low
energy lamps except with use of adaptor FLA01. Not to
be used in conjunction with a lamp dimmer in 2 way
switching.

Got an FLA01? No?
There's your problem then… RTFM

The new ZV700 has the added feature of being able to switch low energy lighting.

What's the model number?

If its a ZV210 then thje instructions state

Not designed for use with fluorescent lighting and low
energy lamps except with use of adaptor FLA01. Not to
be used in conjunction with a lamp dimmer in 2 way
switching.

Got an FLA01? No?
There's your problem then… RTFM

The new ZV700 has the added feature of being able to switch low energy lighting.

Any idea what is inside the FLA01? Surely it cannot be much different to the snubber the OP is already using - although he needs a X2 275V cap to cope with peak voltages. I am tempted to buy a FLA01 to see what is inside it. I would have thought a 0.47 cap in series with a 100 ohm resistor would be a better choice than a .047 cap

Sponsored Links
I have not a clue. I only quoted from the instructions that the OP should already have…….

Anyway, I seem to be more interested in his problem than he is as he hasnty come back to say what model he has.

If he looks on thje back opf the switch (I have an ZV700 here) the minimum loads are embossed on the back. It says for low energy lamps
MIN 20W, MAX 150W. I'm guessing these earlier models have a solid state output of some sort. The later ones may have a relay output.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back