Timer for Vaillant ecoTEC Pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to replace my clockwork timer with a more sophisticated 2-channel 7-day timeSWITCH 140. The plumber who installed the boiler said that the timer is basically "plug-and-play" so I have just received my new timer and it does look as though it should be quite straight forward. A few clips on the side and 5 long pins on the back to locate inside the boiler. I just wondered if anyone could offer any hints or tips before I start trying to pull the old timer out of my boiler?

Sponsored Links
Just be careful with the pins on the back when pushing the new one in

Yes, they are long and look easily broken. In fact the first unit I received had one of its pins rattling around in the box so had to go back!

Do you have any tips on removing the current timer? I presume I don't need to remove the front of the boiler? It looks like the units plug in and out of the front of the boiler as it is. Is that correct? Is it just a case of pulling the old timer straight out horizontally? The new timer has some markings on the two top corners that almost looks like it clips in at the top first and then hinges down? But with those long pins I thinks it's more likely to push horizontally in.

Thanks again..

just insert a small screwdriver in the side to lever it out then pull easy as that.

Sponsored Links
I got side-tracked last night and haven't had time yet. I'll let you know how I get on - thanks.

Done and dusted. Couldn't have been easier! Thanks again.

Any suggestions what I could do with the old timeSWITCH 130? I think they cost around £40 new so might be worth putting on ebay?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back