Timing a water heater already on economy 10

Attempting to save money using an external timer most likely won't do what you expect, and could actually cost more.

I'm not trying to save money I am trying to get it to heat during the period when I am asleep or when I am not in bed so that the clonking noises do not annoy me as I try to get to sleep.

However it's not very loud so I may well get used to it soon.

Sponsored Links
Pulsacoils are thermal stores.
Thanks. I'm struggling to understand that concept. In what way can that sort of 'thermal store' be any 'better', or more efficient than (indeed, even as efficient as!), simply storing the heated hot water that one will subsequently use?

Kind Regards, John

Presumably the heating elements will not get clogged up with calcium deposits.

Thanks. I'm struggling to understand that concept. In what way can that sort of 'thermal store' be any 'better', or more efficient than (indeed, even as efficient as!), simply storing the heated hot water that one will subsequently use?
Presumably the heating elements will not get clogged up with calcium deposits.
That's true, if one is in a hard water area, and may be one of the advantages - but there are obviously other ways of addressing that issue.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
we do work for a major supermarket, to save energy they fit digital back up clocks in some of there lamposts to turn some of them off early.

They therefore have no power all day and recharge at night, although it dont seem right it works ok and many have held there memory and worked ok for over two years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back