T'ing off from pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to 'T' off from a copper pipe.

The existing pipe will not be able to be flexed or pulled apart after it is cut so is there a special type of T joint, preferable pushfit, that I can use? I've seen a joint that can be used for an outside tap but doubt that would be any good for a central heating pipe?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I want to 'T' off from a copper pipe.

The existing pipe will not be able to be flexed or pulled apart after it is cut so is there a special type of T joint

solder it and use a slip coupler.

preferable pushfit,
not really

I've seen a joint that can be used for an outside tap but doubt that would be any good for a central heating pipe?

Thanks

what fittings this then ?

I'd use soldered fittings and use a slip socket. I'm not aware of any push-fit fittings that'd be suitable.

Don't use one of those self piercing taps meant for washing machines, outside taps etc...

If you are really against trying to solder the pipes, then cut the pipe 6" from where to want the tee, then cut in a push fit tee where you want it, connect to the cut pipe using a slip coupling in compression, if you cant buy one at the store, make one by filing the stop from an ordinary compression coupling.

Sponsored Links
Flamco T-plus is another (albeit quite expensive) way of doing it...http://www.bhl.co.uk/product/FLAMCO_TPLUS_15MM_X_15MM_X_12_INSTANTANEOUS_TEE_COPPER

Similar to those washing-machine things only it creates a decent-sized opening and doesn't drop the copper disc into the pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back