Found leak in copper pipe under concrete!

you obviously dont know much about soldered fittings maybe pushfit's how you got started in plumbing

I know that you sweat, but don't have to solder a soldered fitting, which is more than you did.

You started this and have made yourself look an ****, so you may as well quit whilst you're ahead. I'll concede you're a better plumber than me, but you'll struggle intellectually.

Sponsored Links
solder ring fittings are every bit as reliable as end feed what makes you think they are not

You got that very wrong markfxy.

I would guess 90% of my leaks on soldered fittings in the last 50 years was from solder-ring fitting.

How do you define 'soldered correctly' if you don't actually solder them?
What I think is relevant to my customers who tend to appreciate traditional workmanship. It's also relevant to the post, in which one of the contributors has described a failed solder ring joint.
My comment was more to do with the integrity of the solder around the joint rather than a reference to it being "end feed" or “solder ring”. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to plumbing (& other) materials &, personally, would never use or recommend push fit or plastic to an OP; but that’s my choice, I don't slag others for using them. I like to use as few fittings as possible but have used both types over many, many years; end feed are much cheaper but both are equally as reliable as long as the are correctly fitted, only problems I’ve found are with some of the cheap solder ring imports there are around now. The customer won’t generally have any idea there are different types of fitting let alone give two cuffs about which one you use.

Bickering & trolling about one type of fitting being more “professional” than the other or indicative of someone’s “skill level” is a load of browlocks, there’s more skill in correctly designing a pipe circuit & bending than actually joining pipe work together. None of this is relevant to the OP’s problem anyway :rolleyes:

None of this is relevant to the OP’s problem anyway

I suppose it was relevant to the OP when to you started this diversion with your 'Cautionary Tale' describing use of a buried compression to differ with Seco's view that they should only be used where accessible.

Sponsored Links
None of this is relevant to the OP’s problem anyway

I suppose it was relevant to the OP when to you started this diversion with your 'Cautionary Tale' describing use of a buried compression to differ with Seco's view that they should only be used where accessible.
Well of course it was relevant & hardly diversionary. My comment was intended to be helpful & highlight the potential problems associated with soldering old corroded pipe work especially if he was going to DIY, which I thought at the time; neither did I disagree with Seco or slag him off. I am also fully aware of the risks of using compression joints where inaccessible, but again, it they are correctly installed there should not be a problem. Even so, do you think that disagreeing with another’s view is not allowed in Plumbing? Do you think your always so correct that no one else’s view or opinion is relevant! You really are being a Troll, get a life FFS. :rolleyes:

. Even so, do you think that disagreeing with another’s view is not allowed in Plumbing? Do you think your always so correct that no one else’s view or opinion is relevant! You really are being a Troll, get a life FFS.
:

You're the one who's dismissed other opinions as irrelevant as well as b*ll*cking them about insults.. FFS sort your life before telling prople to get theirs

You're the one who's dismissed other opinions as irrelevant
Where did I do that :?: I said your petty bickering about end feed fittings being more "professional" & indicating a higher "skill level" was incorrect & irrelevant, which it is; completely as far as the OP's problem is concerned.
as well as b*ll*cking them about insults..
Again, where did I do that :?: Your the one that's escallating it; if you behave like a child, do you really expect a pat on the back & no one else to comment :rolleyes:
FFS sort your life before telling prople to get theirs
Nothing wrong with my life M8 ;)

Your the one that's escallating it; if you behave like a child, do you really expect a pat on the back & no one else to comment

You started it. I don't expect a pat on the back any more than you can expect a stamp on the face cos' this is the internet you t*****.

Anyway a child would know it's 'you're' not 'your'.

You started it.
Sorry, I must have missed that bit :confused:
I don't expect a pat on the back any more than you can expect a stamp on the face cos' this is the internet you t*****.
Wow threats
Mutley_laughing.gif
I've had the odd spat on here in 5 years but it’s the fist time I’ve actually been threatened, you picking this up mods. :rolleyes:
Anyway a child would know it's 'you're' not 'your'.
My sincere apologies for the typo ;)

Your obviously far more intelligent than I am so I give up, you win. ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back