Tiny bathroom decor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Just wondering if I can get some advice and perhaps inspiration from this site - we're moving into a new rental house and it's pretty much a blank canvas as far as decor goes. All the fixtures and walls are new, and completely neutral, so I'm really excited about putting my own stamp on it.

Of course, it's a small two-bedroom Welsh mining house, so everything is pretty compact, especially the bathroom. I generally don't like too much colour in bathrooms, but since there are already coloured tiles around the bath fixture, I was thinking of trying to coordinate with them and add in some light to medium blue. I also really like the look of the IKEA MOLGER bathroom line and was thinking of adding some items in from that series, but I don't want things to look cluttered as it is quite a small space.

My main idea was a new colour of paint on either the window-side wall, or all the painted walls - some sort of blue colour to match with the tiles (the only bit of colour in the room) between a blue-tinged white to a grey-blue. Soothing White or Mineral Mist are a couple ones I was considering. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I think once you have a bit of colour from accessories then it won't look as stark. So towels, bathmat, some things on the windowsill and the usual array of things making it look like a branch of Boots should suffice. If you want to paint the walls then a pale blue would be better, I think.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back