Tips for joining lamninate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Previous done a room with laminate flooring, and now doing the adjoining hallway in exactly the same laminate.

Here is the edge:
floor.jpg

-Its a straight edge that has been cut on the laminate.
-That piece of laminate has the other edges covered by skirting boards/architraves etc, so it will be pretty impossible to replace with a difference piece now without a lot of work.
-I'm trying to avoid a threshold bar for the bump and the colour difference. (You can get colour matched ones for this Wickes laminate type but it looks quite different).

Any tips here, should I just but them up and lives with the slight difference in grain?
Should I leave small gap and fill with grey silicone or something?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but as you've cut the board already, you can't take it through to the other side, so a door bar is the only solution. If you butt them together, it'll prove a weak point and eventually crack and splinter, and if you leave a gap and use grey silicone, then you'll need to redo it every so often - but can't say how often at this stage.

At least you've set the join in the right place, unlike a lot of fitters, so well done for that.

Sponsored Links
Plus you've set the stuff under the skirting boards instead of using those horrible scotia fillets so kudos to you :)
Think you're going to be stuck with a threshold bump of some sort- Eurocell do an H section PVC extrusion that might help, it is fairly flat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back