Tips for tightening basin backnut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a set of taps where the tap tail has a 1/2" feed to the central mixer off to the side, as per the diagram below:

QS-V54883_2_mn.jpg

I obviously need to tighten the backnut to the basin, but the side projection makes the box spanner that I have totally useless.
The adjustable and non-adjustable basin wrenches and regular wrenches I have also foul on the feed or the ceramic of the basin.

I'm running out of ideas. Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm going to pick up a couple of split klick centralising washers from Toolstation this morning as I figure they may make up for some of the slack that I can't take up, but other than that I think I'm just going to have to do the best I can do with the tools that I have.

Any other ideas welcome.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Try googling Duckfoot or Crowfoot wrench.They are available for 1/2 and 3/4 double ended and should allow you to pinch up a hand tightened tap before making the rest of your connections.

Sponsored Links
Thanks gents, was wondering whether such a thing existed, but not knowing its proper name it makes searching/asking for it difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back