Tips on screeding a 6m x 12m concrete slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am getting ready to pour a concrete slab for my garage build.. In the past i've leveled the concrete with a 2x4 in the old seesaw motion across the edges of what i'm pouring. However due to the size of the slab i don't think this is going to be possible as its 6m wide and 12m long and they don't make wood that long....

Has anyone got any idea of the best way to do this on such a large area.

I've attached a photo that is a couple of days old when i was putting in the subbase for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_081817_1.jpg
    IMG_20210911_081817_1.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
That’s a great size for a garage - I’m jealous! :)

I tamped a 5.4m x 11m - I just used 3 lengths of 4 x 2 wood, with the third one supporting the join. I also made some handles with guides at the right height to save our backs.

Rubbish picture, but gives you the idea

EC93477C-768A-47F3-ACEA-DD8FC97D3970.jpeg

Sponsored Links
A slab of that size would/should be done in smaller bays of 3-3.6m depending on the thickness. Construction joints and if need be movement joints would then be formed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back