Tired looking blue altro flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into the property 18 months ago now, and rapidly going through a refurbishment, next the shower-room.

Going to put up some of those bathroom cladding panels down to where the altro flooring rides up, but the floor looks very tired, i wondered if to change it I would have to lift it, or can a new altro floor be laid directly on top?

It's in excellent sound condition, just the colour is very tired looking, it's stuck down solid on a timber sub floor with a concealed shower tray and think lifting it is going to be too much hassle and added expense.

If there is no option but to lift it, are there any recommendations to revive the colour in the floor?

tia

Sponsored Links
Hi as far as I’m aware there is no option to alter or revive the colour. However is it actually discoloured as altro made and still make some pretty poorly shaded colours??
Now to your question you cannot over lay a new floor. However lifting the old one is normally quite easy. You can use a heat gun to make the flooring more plyable. You can then peal the covering from the subfloor. Occasionally you need to run a blad down the glue line to help is along. This is often an easier job with two as one can do the heating and the other the lifting. Fred.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back