TN-C-S with earthing through the sheath??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever come across a TN-C-S installation where the main earthing connection is to the service main sheath before the cutout.

The installation looks like a classic TN-S arrangement and I would have assumed it was TN-S if it had not been for discovering a 15th ed. installation certificate from the REC behind the meter. It indicated TN-C-S with the word SHEATH in the comments box.
I've contacted the REC for clarification but in the meantime I though I'd ask the forum.

Has anyone seen this before - or is the cert wrong. (I'm sure the certificate relates to the installation I'm seeing. There is no earth from the neutral side of the cutout. I'd guess the cutout/cable predates the meter/installation).

BN

Sponsored Links
All I can say is a job I worked on in Bristol was "converted" to PME by the engineer who connected an earth supply from the neutral, so I suppose your installation is similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back